Golden Gate Bridge at Night - 6D - Critique Welcome

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
TimR32225 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,405
Re: Golden Gate Bridge at Night - 6D - Critique Welcome

kb1dqh wrote:

This was shot last weekend in SF. One of my first times taking night photos and really, photos of architecture. Most of my shots are nature/landscape.

Thanks for your thoughts.

It's a nice shot as is, but you can also make some different compositions from a location like this to give yourself some choices later on.  As some have commented, the bridge itself is blurry, which is especially obvious when viewed at 100%.

I like the smoothness of the water and reflections that is achieved by using a long exposure.  I have gotten smooth results even in choppy water by using low iso and filters to extend the shutter speed to 30 seconds or more.  You are only limited by your own creativity.

When I am shooting in low light at dusk or dawn, I try to take multiple photos and ensure that I got a sharp image of each different composition before leaving.  That can save you lots of grief later on.

If you made other compositions from this same position, please show some of them.

Thanks!

-- hide signature --
 TimR32225's gear list:TimR32225's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow