what could i risk if i already started a film for a school with out authorizations in france?

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GRphotos
GRphotos Forum Member • Posts: 67
what could i risk if i already started a film for a school with out authorizations in france?

I went ahead again to another friend's school, started filming a interview with a teacher, then students, they really like my videos, now they asked me if they can have a copy to play at a school convention and even put it on their website, i told them ill do it for free but will have to look into how to because i am getting allot of people asking me to do this and it has been more trouble then it is worth,

i went to a cinema school in france, i started a  micro enterprise, small biz stuff, i can work using a title and pay taxes, but iam stuck on all this copyright authorizations release stuff.

for example i was just asked to film a company presentation video for a Japanese massage place, its very cool, i can do exactly what they want but have no idea what to charge, its already been a few days and i am lost looking all over the net because no one talks about prices online.

but for the school i am completely annoyed, i would love to do this one video because i got some great shots, i love to use it on my demo reel, but the school is strange, I thought i had to get authorization from the school to film the school and authorizations from every parent to film the students, and the authorizations where supposed to include my name as the camera person and producer of the images , the date and the reason they are been filmed.

So i emailed the school and they told me they already got authorizations to film the students from parents, i dont know how this all works, later a student told me the SCHOOL is making a presentation  film with interviews and all, i told him yes i am the one doing this., and the student was like oh, your the camera guy they hired, i said no i am doing the recording and editing and music and all., they want me to interview a few teachers and use it for their website and a convention.

oh well.

I did not provide any videos yet, just a rushe, time code in the window, nothing else.

what should i do now, should i draft some kind of contract and ask them to re do authorizations?

GRphotos's gear list:GRphotos's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow