Sun, Wind and Blowing Snow

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
larryj Veteran Member • Posts: 8,831
Sun, Wind and Blowing Snow

I went up to Rocky Mountain National Park on Friday.  I first went to the Sheep Lake pull off to duplicate the fall shot I posted here earlier with a snow version..  However, when I arrived at the pull out for Sheep Lake the weather was brutal with 40 mph wind gusts.  I got out of my car and braced against the wind and took a few shots.  No art works here, just a study in persistence and grit!  SD1M and the 24-70 mm lens.

The first shot is looking west at storm clouds:

The second shot is looking east at partially clouds and sunny sky.  The wind is blowing up sheets of snow.

From there I drove over to Moraine park which was mainly shielded from the wind and took a few more shots.  Not the most photogenic situation, but I never let poor conditions stop me from wasting 'film' ;O)>.  As you can see there is still lots of snow in the park.

Pine tree and rocks in snow

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
larryj
If you can see the light, you can photograph it
Quote from Myron Woods

larryj's gear list:larryj's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +1 more
Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow