Why Mirrorless cameras and Micro 4/3rds, in particular, are important to me.

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
bosjohn21
bosjohn21 Forum Pro • Posts: 20,456
Re: Even more rubbish.

Richard wrote:

bosjohn21 wrote:

Hello...? they were professional or semi. They needed a backup for one camera. Most sport shooters I know carry two cameras on them because the need different focal lengths and don't have time to switch lenses and miss the shot. You cannot compare that to a person that has a single camera and a few lenses. and those are not 40lbs.

I didnt I myself often used to carry two or three bodies and six or seven lenses and the various bits and pieces of kit I thought I needed including a tripod over my back and I will not be doing that again. I understand perfectly not having time to change lenses. I just know too many old friends who were professional and semi professionals who now have chronic back problems. Will all pros get back problems probably not but its a much higher risk and the more you carry the bigger the risk.

There are many professons that carry health risks that dont show up till much later in life. Its wise to be aware of these and a little prudence will pay off in your dotage

Again this is way out there. A profession computer person or cashier could get carpel tunnel. A professional wood worker could loose a finger. A professional carpenter, bricklayer, roofer all risk back problems. When you compare them to a guy who carries around 2 cameras for sports photography on the weekend or a tripod and a few landscape lenses there really no comparison. Then compare all of those to the photographer here who carries a FF camera bag with a few lenses in it then compare that to a OMD bag and a few lenses in it and there a 1 or 2 pounds different and since this is done as a hobby you carry the bag around on the weekend and maybe the camera around your neck on a vacation. Please, this is laughable.

you seem to be agreeing there are health risks to professionals as I stated whats your problem

-- hide signature --

John aka bosjohn21

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow