Why Mirrorless cameras and Micro 4/3rds, in particular, are important to me.

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
tko Forum Pro • Posts: 12,639
guess you didn't read the statement

That is a very average photo. The background isn't blurred at all. More a little out of focus.

And the voightlander is equivalent to a F2.0 lens in FF, and is manual focus as well. F2.0 isn't considered a fast lens in the FF world. Try F1.2. And the voightlander is heavier and more expensive than the FF equivalent.

This is what a real lens does to the background. Yes, its heavy. Yes, its big. Yes, its worth it. Because it turns the background into a pastel smear that removes the annoying crowds in the stadium behind the athlete. You know, the ones you can't see in my photos.

If you don't need this, fine. If you don't like the look, fine. But don't tell me it's the same. Because it's not even in the same league.

That's all just Cr*p (with a capital C). Sure, a voigtlander F0.95 is heavy vs some lenses for M43s, but it doesn't struggle to punt out images like this (please post any equivalents you've managed with an iPhone):

I would note that it's actually lighter than some of my ZF.2 Zeiss lenses!

I don't think the DSLR is dead, but I do think there are fewer and fewer reasons to own an APS-C one (as an owner of a FF DSLR and various mirrorless cameras). I know from real world use that the E-M5 actually beats most APS-C DSLRs (particularly single shot AF) and its image quality is better than cameras using the Canon 18mp sensor by any measure.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow