Why Mirrorless cameras and Micro 4/3rds, in particular, are important to me.

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
tko Forum Pro • Posts: 12,591
I glad you're happy
 I actually felt sorry for the many people my age who I saw carrying large DSLR's with even larger lenses on them plus more lenses in camera bags.
 I was able to walk around for the whole day keeping up with a 9 year old (he is a very easy child and is happy to keep my pace).

Do you realize how patronizing this sounds? Supposed I posted "I felt sorry for the people with point and shoots, who didn't realize they wouldn't get very good photos."

We are adults, we can make our choices. Those people picked those cameras because they wanted the performance.

There is no need to feel sorry for people who might get great photos.

I hope that people will keep an open mind and not just automatically dislike the mirrorless format because if you give it a chance, you just might enjoy it as much as I am.

I don't automatically dislike any format. I have fun w/an iPhone, a prosumer, and an ultra zoom. I do automatically dislike people who call my high performance equipment a dinosaur or brick solely because they can't handle an extra pound.

Why would I give mirrorless a chance? My own life I've been moving upwards with my photographic equipment. A few pounds is nothing to me, and I want the best photos I can take.

That doesn't mean its wrong for you. I am glad you are happy for your choice. Perhaps it is the best for you, but why are you so concerned about others?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow