Nikon D600 issues, real or imagined

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sammy Yousef
Sammy Yousef Veteran Member • Posts: 4,640
Re: Nikon D600 issues, real or imagined

I have D90 D70 and D200. Hot pixel issues yes, but no noticeable dust on the D90. The D70 use to be a pain to wet clean!

In my opinion the biggest travesty here is the claim that wet cleaning, even without scratching the sensor, voids the warranty. Nikon can't have it both ways. They can't produce a DSLR with copies that require cleaning every few shots, and then force you to send it in for expensive cleaning when it is possible to do yourself.

In any case my view is that these problems are an unnecessary distraction from photography. My hobby is taking pictures, not removing hot pixels and sensor dust in post, nor wet cleaning my camera sensors. Life is too short.

I'm considering a D7100 sometime in the next year or so. Let's face it the D90 is getting a bit long in the tooth....but what should be an easy decision for me is not. I still have plenty of photos taken with the D70 that I'll never get round to cloning all the dust specs out of.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow