Advice on video software

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John Cerra2 Regular Member • Posts: 289
Advice on video software

Hi everyone,

Recently I accepted a volunteer task to help restart a multimedia club at my old high school.  My end is going to include still photography, which I have covered, and video, which I have only dabbled with.  We envision producing a lot of website sports photography and video clips of all the team sports the school plays, which include soccer, volleyball, basketball, bowling, baseball, softball and golf. It would also include small feature videos, school plays etc.  I think I have the stills part down ok, but I could some advice on the video.

Someone has agreed to buy some video cameras to get the effort started, so that is a help.  I am trying to get up to speed on video in a hurry.  For now, I will shoot it with my D600, D300S and Nex5, but also buy a personal version of whatever video camera we select.

One of the big stretch goals is to produce HD video for the coaches to use and the players for recruitment videos.  We have even talked about getting an app that is basketball coach friendly.

I just bought a Zoom H4n for external audio, and am looking for advice on good editing software that will easily allow me to synch an external audiio track with the video we shoot.  Ordinarily, I use Corel PaintShopPro, which costs a fraction of the Adobe product and seemingly does everything, but a quick look at the manual for the Corel product shows no mention synching audio.  One other factor:  I am a Windows user and the other person involved is an Apple user.  I am sure that the school will use whatever software he uses, so it would be helpful to get something available in both operating systems, but not necessary.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

John

-- hide signature --

Currently shooting aD300s, a D200, D70 and N50. Have a 'F.'
Also shooting with Konica 35mm SLRS (T3 and FT-1) with numerous Hexanon Lenses. Printer: Canon i9900.

Nikon D300S Nikon D600 Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow