Fuji x100s goes dirt bike riding in the Thai-Burma jungle

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mhohman Junior Member • Posts: 47
Fuji x100s goes dirt bike riding in the Thai-Burma jungle

A couple weeks ago I took some friends of mine on a dirt bike trip through the jungle on the border between Thailand and Burma. I got some shots of some Karen villagers in some of the remote villages, hope you like.

I sold my xPro1 (keeping my OMD as system cam) and got an x100s and I Love It! On this trip, I rode so hard and so fast through the jungle that I broke my motorcycle's subframe, all the while with the x100s around my neck in a small Lowepro Apex 60 AW bag. Had zero problems with the x100s, and I came off the bike 4 times, 2 times very hard. Tough little camera that you can take anywhere to get some amazing shots.

You can read about the trip here:

Jungle Dirt Bike Ride

These are some portrait shots of some Karen villages far from anyway, most in a little village called Laytongku.And one shot from another cam of me crossing a river so you can see what conditions were like.

Karen family in Laytongku

Old lady with cheroot

Karen boy with fresh top knot

Karen villager and betelnut fan

Karen Cool

Me crossing a river in the jungle with x100s slung around my shoulder (on my back)

Mike

Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow