London funeral

Started Apr 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Edward48
OP Edward48 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,225
Re: Paul

Paul20 wrote:

Mike, a very nice series. I particularily liked the close up of the police woman and the beefeater. Very finely processed too, there are much less clogged blacks unlike my poor attempts. Are you using Aperture?

Thanks Paul. No I haven't had a go at Aperture. I bring the RAWs into Lightroom, then Photoshop for a Silver Efex conversion and any other tweaking I might want to do.

Your B/Ws always look good to me.

I like your street photography, I like the way in this set you have given equal weight to the people and the surroundings of the funeral cortege rather than just concentrating on 'the event'. Your style is quiet relaxed I think. The shot of the camera operator is a case in point.

Yes, I like getting to the people who make up the crowds. Trouble is that I tend to end up with loads of very similar shots, and I'm not a very good editor of my own work

Are you going to the marathon tomorrow?

I am. Probably on the Embankment somewhere. There's room to move about down there. So more crowd shots and lots of editing out!

All the best
Mike

Edward48's gear list:Edward48's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Leica Q Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow