Sony users in Canada might find this interesting

Started Apr 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rob from thepicturedeskca Regular Member • Posts: 485
Sony users in Canada might find this interesting

I work for Sony of Canada.

Each year I help organize a bunch of shooting events for Sony users. It's a chance to take your camera out, or try one of mine. It's also a chance to try out some lenses you've been looking at.

The events range from Pro Soccer games, to model shoots, to street photography, to animals.

We've done this for years and the events are always fun and people seem to have a good time. They often fill up in a couple minutes.

The problem with the program is telling people about the events.

So we've started using "meetup.com" to organize these events. Currently we have the "Winnipeg Sony Photography Shooting Events" group which Cheeraz has started; and the Sony Photography Shooting Events which I'm hosting in the Toronto area. We have a couple more groups planned, but right now it's the two groups. (Shooting events still happen in the other areas, they just do not promote through meetup.com)

Using meetup.com is an experiment for us. In the past we posted the events on a couple forums and the Sony Canada Facebook page. The events filled up but there were more people we weren't reaching.

So if you enjoy Sony shooting events maybe one of these groups is for you.

-Rob Skeoch

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow