incase DSLR Pro Pack over Think Tank Streetwalker Hard Drive (For Me)
I recently needed to get a bag for more space and growth, but nothing crazy. I had a lowepro sling 100, which was great, but I just ran out of space when traveling. I wanted a backpack that could hold my d600, 15'' mbp retina, ipad, accessories, newer tech voyager and a few drives, lenses, etc.
Through research on this forum and some on my own, I narrowed down the choices to an Incase DSLR Pro Pack and a Think Tank Streetwalker Hard Drive. I ordered both from Amazon in order to return the one I didn't want.
After loading both with all my gear I would take to travel, I tried them on, looked at extra storage, etc.
For my needs, the Incase wins because:
- Doesn't look like a camera bag, I like the style.
- I like the top flap for easy access to the camera (more so than the think tank)
- Even if I add a few more lenses, shotgun mic, I will not need or be able to fill the space offered in the think tank.
Think Tank Streetwalker Hard Drive Observations:
- Thicker and more overall internal volume than incase
- Though incase is made well, the think tank is superbly made, and the price reflects it.
- laptop case harder to access than incase (to me).
- Price $220 (Think Tank) vs $150 (incase)
- Has rain cover - my slingbag has one if I were going to hike with it.
If you are a non-professional who needs a good looking bag with decent, well thought out storage that doesn't look like luggage, I highly recommend the incase be included in your search. iphone pics below of my stuff and the bag.
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Apr 19, 2013|
|Apr 19, 2013|
|Jul 31, 2013|
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO