Will a summer A77 firmware obviate the pending release of a new APS-C model A78?

Started Apr 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP Old Man River Regular Member • Posts: 251
Re: A Mirrorless A78?

Tom Harvey wrote:

George Evans wrote:

I think the delay in releasing the A78 until it can deliver ground breaking improvements instead of a simple refresh of the A77 is a good move but it will only work if Sony refreshes the A77 with a firmware upgrade to give it a new lease of life.

AND as long as they keep the A77 available in the interim unlike in the gap between the A700 and A77 when only used A700s were available.

As I continue to dream upon the features packed into a formidable firmware upgrade for my A77 near-term, I will try to get all the speculation about the now shelved A78 launch out of my consciousness - if indeed that is true.

If indeed, as Tom suggests above, the improved A77 continues to be available for sale throughout the release event of a substantially improved APS-C sensor SLT model with new technology, my fondest hope would be that they name it the A88.

A88.  It has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gil
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow