Speedlite (flash) for D7000

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Questions thread
David Lal Forum Pro • Posts: 10,342
Re: Speedlite (flash) for D7000

Gordon Rufh wrote:

I am new to studio flash. I want to start shooting portraits with my D7000. First of all do I need to buy a Nikon Flash? I understand I can get away with one or two flashes? Do third party flashes lit Yongnuo fire off camera from a D7000. I have very little knowledge on this. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Much approached.

Gord

Well, I'm not portrait photographer but I do like flash and think I know how to use it. I have a lot of flashguns, only one of which is the expensive Nikon SBX000 series. So, no, the flash does not have to be Nikon although you must be careful that the voltage presented at the foot of the flashgun is below 200v if you mount it on the camera directly.

I think 2 flashguns can be enough to get started with portraits but there are two specific forums here for lighting and for portraiture where you could also ask your questions.

Here is a picture of 5 of my (quite cheap) flashguns all going off at the same time:

Settings column is how I set each gun up at the time. CLS can take care of all that - if you have money!

David

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow