About to Buy -- What do you think ?

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
headfirst Contributing Member • Posts: 670
Re: Takes a licking and keeps on ticking

TS lenses are interesting. But aren't there *any* at all for the A mount? Surely with adapters this should be possible? Are you lenses manual focus? Would that not kind of make the mount irrelevant? It's all about the lens then, not? What about lensbaby, or perhaps there is something in M42. I don't know, I have not explored TS lenses myself. But to make it seem like Nikon is a more complete system, is another one of those fuzzy belief based feely claims.

There are TS lenses available for MAF/Alpha - just not as many, covering as many focal lengths & as readily available. Hopefully the forthcoming Samyang 24mm TS will improve that.

Nikon is a more complete system it's not just a belief. But what it offers that isn't available to Alpha is only relevant for under 1% of the market.  If you are in that 1% that's important if you are in the other 99% it shouldn't be. On the other hand if someone wants e.g. a hiqh quality 16-35/2.8 stabilised FF or a cheap stabilised APS-C 35/1.8 afaik Sony is the only game in town. & there are people who need things that neither Canon nor Nikon nor Sony offer (MF, view cameras etc.).  I'm back to matching needs/wants to choosing systems.

 headfirst's gear list:headfirst's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony SLT-A77 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow