Olympus 17mm f1.8

Started Apr 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
CharlesTokyo Contributing Member • Posts: 721
Re: Olympus 17mm f1.8

Hey, anyone using an Olympus 17mm f1.8? I would love to hear some feedback and even see some samples. Not interested in the f2.8 version.

It also seems like Olympus lenses are the way to go on the OM-D as it is already stabilized and I would not need an adapter. It seems that CA is also better. I am not interested in zooms for this camera at this time. I might later picking up a second body before a zoom.

I also use it and like it. I'm not sure what all the complaining was about. It's not the best lens ever with this angle of view, but the images I get through it are great. The prints look wonderful and I'm not disappointed in the least. AF is fast and the snap focus comes in useful.

I also use the Panasonic lenses. I've got a few, but in the prime range the 14mm and 20mm have had extensive use on the OM-D and both work fine.

I also shoot with a second body. Definitely a lot easier than the SLR cameras. A second body can get heavy when carrying it around on the should all day, but I do love having the flexibility.

CharlesTokyo's gear list:CharlesTokyo's gear list
Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow