Lens hood for the 75mm Oly...

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
James Pilcher Veteran Member • Posts: 9,129
screw-in lens hood

Doberman wrote:

Hello all. Just received my 75 Oly. Love the lens so far.

I also ordered the rainbow imaging lens hood. Link on Amazon here:

Rainbowimaging-Lens Hood

Didn't realize, it does not screw on the lens. Ii is attached over the front and tightened by a small screw.

Screw pushes a collar inside, it does not touch the lens barrel.

I will hate if this mechanism scratches the front of the lens. Anyone have used this hood? Any issues scratching? Should I go with a different, possibly screw on model?

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Murat

Hi Murat,

The lens hood for the 12mm f/2 operates the same way. I've had it for well over a year and I have no trouble with it scratching the lens barrel. Be sure, though, not to tighten the screw too much; some folks here have reported twisting the head off the 12mm f/2 screw. Tighten it just enough.

I would strongly consider a screw-in alternative hood for the 75mm f/1.8, if for no other reason, it will operate much more smoothly with a polarizer. You can screw the hood into the polarizer and just rotate the hood.

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Fujifilm X70 Olympus PEN-F +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow