Excess Memory Usage with LR + PS
Finished editing an image in LR and then transferred it to PS (from within LR) for further work. When done, PS saved a TIFF image to desktop. As expected, a TIFF image was also stacked within LR along with the orig JPG.
I attempted to repeat this action this again, but inadvertently selected the LR stack instead of a single image. Received warning in PS that (C) memory was low. In fact my available C memory was reduced by about 50 GB!!
I'm sure that moving a LR stack into PS is an illegal operation -- should have un-stacked and selected a single image to transfer.
Deleted the stack in LR, cleaned up PS, all back to normal. Just wondering what was going on. How could I have used so much memory ? (LR4, PSCS3 on SSD, under W7)
Any thoughts on this?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%