What would you charge?

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
leecamera
leecamera Senior Member • Posts: 1,111
Experienced...?

Ah but the OP didn't say he had no photographic experience - quite the contrary.  He's not done anything on that scale but  that is just a numbers thing.  If he can do the job up to pro standards then he should charge pro rates.

He may be an ex colleague, and they may be a much beloved law enforcement agency - but neither gives the OP a discount when he's paying the mortgage or groceries.

I didn't realise the $ rate equated to our £ rate...  Must be the reason you're all getting your cameras at nearly the same $ cost as our £ cost   (ha)

But seriously my point stands.  A pro job, is worth the same - whether it is done by a full timer or a part timer.  We seem to moan when the amateurs charge less and then we moan when they charge the same.  Maybe we should be saying "no one else takes pictures for money but me...!"  Personally I'm happy for an amateur to charge what I do.  It preserves the respect for skill and investment by the photographer.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow