Windows optional updates
I generally only do optional ones for network cards or video. Today I see one for "Intel Storage Controller I7/C216 chipset family SATA/AHCI family.
This is a driver for all of your SATA ports.
Intel have been pushing out quite a few updates recently. I've seen claims that one or two of these were a bit buggy but I've not seen any problems myself with any version (and I've tried a lot).
On balance, I think a version that has made it onto Windows Update has likely been through additional testing and it may address some problems and/or improve performance. I would probably go for it.
I'm running 184.108.40.2061 (obtained directly from Intel.com) which was the latest available a few days ago when I clean installed this system.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%