Thank you for all your advises I have truly appreciated them! But I'm leaving now.

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Fat Dragon Regular Member • Posts: 192
Re: Thank you for all your advises I have truly appreciated them! But I'm leaving now.

RedDog Steve wrote:

slimandy wrote:

You plan on saving money and time by NOT asking for advice?

I think I understand what he is getting at, that advice from a 'pro' to a beginner or advancing amateur may not always lead down the shortest path.

rd

Researching a purchase is a good strategy. Continuing to research the market (and especially newer products) after purchase often leads to dissatisfaction, buyer's remorse, and incremental upgrades that cost more than they're worth.

I bought an LX7 a few months ago. A few days ago I saw a noise comparison between the LX7 and the RX100 (another contender when I was researching) at various ISO levels. By the look of it, the LX7 gets absolutely smoked in that comparison. It took me a couple deep breaths (okay, figuratively) to step back and remember how great the LX7 is. Sure, there are other cameras that are better, but dwelling on that fact is hardly productive.

Anyway, that's how I read that part of the OP, not as a suggestion that advice on how to use your equipment is bad, but that advice on what equipment is better than yours, especially when you've already commited to a system, is counterproductive.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow