I am returning my 3rd RX100 to Amazon.

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
karlreed Senior Member • Posts: 1,972
Re: The problem is..when do we cross the line on consumer rights?

Here in Oz, a number of retail outlets have very generous returns policies. Several, Harvey Norman and Officeworks, will take even a printer back, and give a full refund, when it has been used..that means, the cartridges have been opened and used.

Ted's camera are also quite good, they will exchange or give a credit.However, if you are outside their fourteen days, their response it varies from outlet to outlet.

The fact is.. most consumers do not notice that the product they buy is faulty. Even simple products can be very hard to test properly.

Where digital cameras are concerned, the vast parameterisation, coupled with the wide variety of shooting conditions makes choosing a camera very difficult indeed.

I have oscillated back and forth between an LX-7 and RX100, indulged by the City Branch of Ted's in Melbourne, until I stopped,with the RX100, because I felt I had been pushing the envelope.

My worry was that I may be responsible for them restricting their policy, penalising other people.

But, if people are honest, choosing a modern digital camera is really NOT easy, UNLESS you simply rock into a shop and take a few sample shots, and, say "I'll have it".

I suppose the benefit for Ted's is that, unless the cost savings are extreme, they get my business.

As do Officeworks, and Harvey Normans. The comfort factor of that level of service is simply not worth 5 or even 15% saving in price.

Regards

P.S. Oh, I forgot say that I have been known to give a retail outlet a bottle of wine as acknowledgement for their tolerance of my extensive repeated testing and returns.

-- hide signature --

karl reed

karlreed's gear list:karlreed's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Nikon D200 Nikon D750 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SDF
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow