should I trust primotronix.com? Locked

Started Aug 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
herph New Member • Posts: 1
Re: should I trust primotronix.com?

It kind of depends on what you mean by trust 

My story - I ordered a Sony Rx100 package over the phone, then decided against the package and ordered just the camera over the internet.  The next morning I called to cancel the phone order.  The price for the camera was $574 which is about $75 less than retail.

My results:

Package order was cancelled, no questions asked, but it took 3 phone calls and over a month for the refund to post to my credit card.

I was told the camera was on back-order and would ship when it arrived.  I was also told I would not be charged for the camera until it shipped.  I was never charged.

After over a month, I called to find out why my order hadn't shipped.  I found out:

The camera would be a "foreign" model and not the model intended for the US market although this wasn't explained anywhere on the website.

They (as previously posted) are not an authorized Sony re-seller, so the warranty was through their company, not through Sony.

They claimed the camera would be "new" not "reconditioned".

I then cancelled my order, so I have no idea what I would have received or when.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow