Aperture face recognition help
I have recently purchased aperture and was excited with all the features. I used faces on a couple of family portrait shoots which worked well.
However on returning from Egypt with around 1000 photos I am having difficulties. Ap is not recognising all the associated faces - in fact it suggests many more incorrect faces that the right ones - about 10 wrong faces to each correct one. I didn't experience this in when I used faces for the shoots. I have added a few thousand photos since but would be disappointed if this was the issue. Having used Picasa before I found never had issues recommending appropriate faces. My workflow
import photos and keep originals in the pictures folder - not the aperture library
- rate them, name them, edit them
- choose faces in the inspector and I can see some faces of family at the bottom
- I then click a face I have named to attempt to have aperture suggest appropriate faces.
- Aperture thinks then displays several photos, most of which are incorrect.
- I then tried manually naming more of the same faces in the bottom section in order to see if that helps. It doesn't.
Can anyone help?
By the way - is there any way to have Aperture just use the current project for face recognition - I.e. it would be easier for me to only have faces from the holiday to choose from - not the entire library.
Again this all happened ok with my studio shoot but holiday pictures have not worked we'll at all - unlike Picasa which is excellent.
|Patrick Finds Inner Peace by ecastellon|
from Your best photo of the week!
|Forks by Kukla|
from Arranged everyday objects