How do you charge event videos and photos, music etc?

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GRphotos
GRphotos Forum Member • Posts: 67
How do you charge event videos and photos, music etc?

I am curious about how i am to charge people i get hired for in regards to using music by major or indie artists, licensing, etc etc

I shot a bar mitzvah for someone's son, i spent over 7 hours doing this, it was done with two sessions, one the bar mitzvah (during the week) and the other after the official bar mitzvah on Saturday night, 4000 photos, 60 videos, 80GB of material.

Also on the night of the party i used images from the weekday, and i used iphoto to create a 13 year slide show history of the boy, the mom added 13 songs, one from each year, and i also added a job jab video with the boys head over sized to lighten up the party, 28 min video, music by 10 artists, they played it on a projector using a huge screen, was great but now they want it on a DVD and a acquaintance i see at the photo shop where i got my camera told me if i charge i can get into trouble because i need the licenses for all the songs the mom used, the jibjab flash animations with the big heads also there was another photographer from the family who joined in and we used his images as well.

-- hide signature --

5dmkiii, 24-105MM, Lexar 32 CF, Sandisk 64 SD, Cinematics rig

GRphotos's gear list:GRphotos's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow