How often must I print?
So, I've been thinking about getting a 13x19 printer, probably a Canon pro 1 or 10, but I'm a low volume user and I'm wondering if I'd be setting myself up for a lot of ink loss if I'm not cranking out lots of media. What's the 'shelf life' of ink that's sitting in the system?
Although the ink cartridges are much larger than the tiny ones that come with all-in-one printers, at 36 ml, they are not going to last forever. Most manufactures put the ink print-by-date as 6 months after openning. But I know of some people that have been using cartridges as long as 3 years.
They are both pigment ink printers, so you really don't want to leave them sitting idle for months on end.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%