Color Run

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
TomGallopavo Regular Member • Posts: 487
Color Run

I have been in here reading forever but never had a chance to post.  I grew up in New York and Massachusetts so I have a tendency to enjoy the urban blight side of street photography.  I now live in a very rural area of Missouri.  I am just an amateur but have wanted for some time to try street photography.

Well, my wife ran in a "Color Run" 5k and me and the kids were dragged down to watch her finish so I thought I could sneak some photos for fun.  I took 287 photos and found 38 that I liked.  I have posted 7 of them here.  The color run is a 5k where they apparently throw florescent dyes on runners and each other.  The sky was overcast and the early morning light made the colors explode.  I used the sony a77 with a Minolta 50mm 1.4.  I kinda wished I used the 35mm lens but it is what it is.

I must say I have a tremendous respect for those that do this as it was anything but easy.  At one point I took a picture of a guy who didn't want his picture taken so I went over and showed it to him, offered to delete it, but he said ah...OK.  I did like it but it is not one of these.  Feel free to tear me apart or advise, I have a thick skin.  PP involved sharpening for printing as my wife wants to print them.  I also brought up the contrast.  I wanted to desaturate but my wife assured me the colors were just as they were.

TomGallopavo's gear list:TomGallopavo's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +6 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow