Any WG-3 owner? Please share samples and experience

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
BorisK1 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,644
Re: Any WG-3 owner? Please share samples and experience

BrianC wrote:

In movie mode the WG-3 will NOT auto focus when zooming. It will zoom while shooting with the movie button though, however it will still not auto focus.

I haven't seen any documentation regarding auto focus in movie mode so I don't know if it's supposed to or not.

I had the WG-2 last year and returned it.........thinking the WG-3 would be better I wanted to try it. So far, not as good as I had hoped.

I also tested my Sony HX5V inside the house and then aimed at a bright window.............it adjusted to the outside light where the WG-3 had a complete wash out, so bright I couldn't make anything out.

The movie performance will be a deal breaker for me.............

-- hide signature --

Brian

The WG-3 manual says "You can use the optical zoom and autofocus functions while recording movies when [Enable Autofocus] (p.118) and [Enable Optical Zoom] (p.118) are set to ☑ (On) in the [ Movie] menu. However, operation noise is recorded in the movie."

Did you enable AF and optical zoom?

BorisK1's gear list:BorisK1's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
so
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow