MF Assist mode too quick on OMD
Sup Mylo wrote:
Can anyone please advise. The X5 magnification in the EVF lasts about two seconds before jumping back to normal view when focussing manually. This is hardly enough time to focus on a subject at all. How do I get the MF Assist X5 magnification to stay on longer.
Thanks for any assistance.
1) Call up zoom magnification, focus at your leisure, at which point you can snap the shot or return to normal view and snap it.
2) Turn the focus ring slowly forward and back about what you think the ideal focus point is. Don't stop until focus is nailed. With practice it can be pretty quick to set focus, and you might even feel that waiting for the unzoomed view to return takes too long.
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO