MF Assist mode too quick on OMD
Sup Mylo wrote:
Can anyone please advise. The X5 magnification in the EVF lasts about two seconds before jumping back to normal view when focussing manually. This is hardly enough time to focus on a subject at all. How do I get the MF Assist X5 magnification to stay on longer.
Thanks for any assistance.
1) Call up zoom magnification, focus at your leisure, at which point you can snap the shot or return to normal view and snap it.
2) Turn the focus ring slowly forward and back about what you think the ideal focus point is. Don't stop until focus is nailed. With practice it can be pretty quick to set focus, and you might even feel that waiting for the unzoomed view to return takes too long.
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%