Am I asking too much?

Started Apr 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
KentG Veteran Member • Posts: 4,466
Re: Am I asking too much?

Makers added the MFA into their cameras when they found that when digital camera sensors got denser and required better lenses, which meant faster in most cases, their AF systems had a hard time coping with very short DOF ranges using their current AF technology. Or at least that is how they would like us to think about. Funny that my Canon 60D does not have MFA and wonder of wonders it has little issue with front or back focus. Many people on the Canon forums get turned off by that lack but those of us who have the cameras don't seem to concerned by the lack. But then again I don't have as many issues with my Pentax K20D either. In fact I don't have single adjustment stored in it right now. I do see mistakes in focus occasionally but usually find that if I redo the image, paying attention to things like AF point and making sure I use a good contrasty POA the problem usually goes away. Maybe I'm just lucky but I doubt it.

Kent Gittings

KentG's gear list:KentG's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-S1 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc D-FA 50mm F2.8 Macro Pentax FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow