Smugmug, Zenfolio, Flickr, etc. - too many options
I am looking for a photo site to meet the following requirements:
1. Back-up unlimited amounts/sizes of photos (+maybe HD videos)
2. Clutter and social networking non-sense free (or at least optional)
3. Easily share photos with friends and family and control privacy settings
4. Longevity of site (i.e. will the site be around in 5/10/20 years)
5. Transferability - i.e. can you easily move from the site to another one if say prices go up, site becomes slow, etc.
6. Site speed including upload and download.
7. Looking to spend $50/year or less.
I know its a long list, but what would you pick?
I had similar requirements and chose zenfolio. Smugmug was my second choice. i liked the ease of downloading that zenfolio has, which includes option to download an entire gallery with one click. Smugmug did not make this easy but this may have changed. I also did not like one detail of the slide show view in smugmug. Something about the top of the screen was annoying but I don't recall the details. You can create a free account on each and try it out. After a while of using a free account I upgraded to the $60 per year account so I could get unlimited storage for videos. Privacy settings are easy to set up and flexible enough for my simple needs.
Hope this helps.
PS regarding longevity I have no idea.
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Apr 7, 2013|
|Apr 8, 2013|
|Apr 8, 2013|
|Valley by the light of a blue moon by cjf2|
from Down in the Valley
|Lake Erie Stone Pier by yobbyt|
from Dock or Pier