Just how crappy is the 16-50 kit lens? Test vs 17mm prime & 11-16 Tokina

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ralph46
Ralph46 Senior Member • Posts: 1,183
Thanks for the photos Ari

Thanks for the images Ari, good work.

I don't have Sony shares or receive any commission on the sales of the 16-50PZ lens but I have been permanently annoyed for 3 months by the raving hate revues of a certain poster (starts with C.. and is regularly the most prolific poster on this forum), all the more because he has admitted to never having tried out this lens but just assuming its inferiority!

I have posted about 7 different images with the 16-50 (3 are above in this thread) in reply to his posts, but to no avail. Plenty of great images from the 16-50 have been posted. Where are the crappy ones? Can't remember seeing one.

If you subtract his trashing posts from the opinions about this lens, the pro votes for this lens outnumber the cons by about 5 to 1 (my honest estimation).

Sorry to harp on this, but I have used Canon DSLRs often semi-professionally for over 30 years and still do regular exhibitions. Therefore I presume I know what I am talking about when I say the 16-50mm PZ is a great lens for the size and cost. It is the only kit lens so far that I intend keeping and using for a few years.

Ralph

Ralph46's gear list:Ralph46's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wll
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow