What is the best m43 for focus tracking?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Jorginho Forum Pro • Posts: 11,041
Oke, so here are some examples of EPL5

As there have been more discussions about this the last few days on various parts of the forum I took my EPL5 and the 45 m 1.8 out. Because it was the first real springlike weather here (althought there is still snow on the ground). Almost 10 C. EPl5 was set to 3 fps and AF Tracking. 8 FPS can be done, but it won't track.

The car was speeding from 20 to about 40-50 km/h I guestimate.

Motorcycle was pretty constant at 30-40 I think. I have some other examples and have to say it was doing pretty well actually. Sometimes one or two out of 8-9 frames were out of focus. The light was reasonably good, which helps. In winter the light is rarely good enough so in the dark I think it won't be as good...

I have the EVF3, but I shot this from the screen. Didn't carry the EVF with me.

Also, these are the JPEGs straight out of the cam. I shot LF (Large File) JPEG and RAw combined. After 15-16 shots the cam slowed down. I think without RAW it would have been better but 15 frames with a 3 FPS rate is not to bad..

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow