Just how crappy is the 16-50 kit lens? Test vs 17mm prime & 11-16 Tokina

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
WoodWorks Senior Member • Posts: 1,408
Re: invalid point

captura wrote:

I already said I will get the 1650 one day, just to carry around for shots over 20mm. But my 18-55, with distortion correction and PDAF, has become a very good lens. Beside that, the 18-55 is the standard kit lens for my NEX-5R, as well as the NEX-7. There must be a solid reason why Sony made that selection.

Seriously? All this venom directed at a lens you haven't even used? You are truly a piece of work!

Listen, those of us who have actual experience with this lens have learned how good it is. Many of the early reviews were written by people who didn't realize, or don't bother to find out, that it was designed to use software correction. It was also designed to be used with the NEX-6 and 5R, not older NEX cameras. You know this, and yet you continue to beat this dead horse. Whatever credibility you once may have had has been obliterated. Should you ever decide to buy and use this lens, you're going to be eating crow for months. You are pathetic and an object of derision.

-- hide signature --

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows
--Epictetus

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wll
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow