Mesa Verde-drive by- quick shot advice?

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP BobT Forum Pro • Posts: 13,193
Re: Mesa Verde-drive by- quick shot advice?

minniev,

That is exactly what I was asking for.  Thank you so much.

It really takes an hour to get from the entrance of the park to the "good stuff" down south?  Are there photo ops along the way, or basically a twisty-turny drive to get there?

The shot that I especially want is that typical view of the face of the cliff and ruins.  I'm thinking that would be the one that you mentioned having a better sun angle later in the day.  Now, can you be more precise as to where I would need to be when taking that shot?  I have an on-line map of the park, but see no mention of a gorge.

Then, we are proceeding to the red-rock areas of southern Utah following a couple day stop at the South Rim of Grand Canyon.  Do you know of any other indian ruins (especially cliff-like dwellings) that I might encounter as we navigate the red-rock National Parks.  I recall reading of something like that somewhere, but can not recall where.

Again, thanks.  You've been most helpful.

BobT's gear list:BobT's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow