Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
GeorgianBay1939
OP GeorgianBay1939 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,044
Re: Poppycock!

Vlad S wrote:

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

Vlad S wrote:

GeorgianBay1939 wrote:

My purpose in posting these few pix is to seek your guidance.   Am I heading in the right direction?   Is there any value in using centre-weighted or matrix metering?

The value is in automation.

indeed, spray and pray.

If you actually took some pictures you would have known that matrix or evaluative metering works extremely well in all but the most challenging situations.

Vlad

Vlad, I think that I just screwed up my previous post.  Please ignore if there is nothing of value there.

Can you push this sentence a bit further?   Please.

matrix or evaluative metering works extremely well in all but the most challenging situations.

If I want to load that sensor optimally in RAW, how do I do it in matrix mode?   I have tried a few times and always get a more centralized histogram.  I can move the histogram to the right by changing the EC but I don't "see" the (luminance of the) scene nearly as well as when in spot meter mode.

On my GH 2, it seems that matrix if great when shooting jpegs but not so useful when shooting RAW.

I hasten to say that I have NO, ZERO, experience with optical viewfinders and am totally focused (!) on learning how to expose optimally using the EVF of the GH 2 (with the histogram showing).

Many thanks,

Tom

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow