LiveView at night with 650D?

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Questions thread
Y0GI Veteran Member • Posts: 5,233
Re: LiveView at night with 650D?

PStu wrote:

WilbaW wrote:

That sounds odd. AFAIK all the Rebels do Exposure Simulation ("Exp.SIM") all the time in Live View. (You can turn it off with other models.) You weren't running Magic Lantern...?

I would have turned off the camera, checked the lens was properly mounted, tried a different shooting mode... but I can't explain why that happened.

I just confirmed that it doesn't gain up to the camera's exposure.  This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sX_I9KPPdWY) talks at 30:00 about the T3i and 7D not doing it, either, with the 5D3 and 6D gaining up for night shots (e.g., shooting stars).

I don't know what he is talking about in that video.  I just tried my 7D in a very dark bathroom with no lights and EXP SIM brightened up the 7D screen so that I had no problem making out the details in there.

Y0GI's gear list:Y0GI's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow