Dell XPS 8300 On board Network card
I have the Dell 8300 XPS I7 running Win 7. The system uses the onboard LAN card and mine appears to have the typical problem of losing the where abouts of the on board LAN adapter. So I elected to install a StarTech PCI Express Card after reading of the success of others in taking this route to solve the problem.
Here is the issue I am having. When the PCI express card is installed the system will not boot or at least I don't believe it is as the monitor does not come on. If I remove the card the system boots normally. I did disable the on board LAN card in the BIOS setup.
If anyone has any thought on where I am going wrong I'd love to hear it. The funny thing is that after a while the LAN card will be found and functions normally. Then in a day or a week it just goes away again.
Thanks everyone. Hope someone has a pointer on what is going on with this system.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%