Beware Ebay if you sell things

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
AndraM Regular Member • Posts: 244
Re: No problems selling

I also have had zero problems with Ebay. Like others, I use Paypal only and all my packages are sent with signature requirements.

The fees -- although up -- are still reasonable. I like that we have choices, too, such as bold text or larger pictures.

Ebay is still a service that needs to make money. Paying them for national and international exposure on my items should have costs involved.

I was talking to my boss the other day. His son designs websites, and they landed a contract that will cost millions of dollars just to set up, maintenance is extra.

Now imagine how much the Ebay website costs to run, which includes keeping track of millions of items at once, the number of and maximum bid of every bidder on each item, linking Paypal accounts for both buyer and seller, and detailed sales reports for stores just to name a few.

All that, and at the same time make sure no one's account is hacked with stolen passwords and credit card numbers.

It's still a lot cheaper than local newspaper classifieds (even online ones) that reach at most a portion of one state instead of an entire planet.

AndraM's gear list:AndraM's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow