Roma ; People praying at the "VIA CRUCIS" :

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
jeff hladun
jeff hladun Veteran Member • Posts: 3,074
Re: Roma ; People praying at the "VIA CRUCIS" :

Gianluca, I agree with Louis; this is one of your best sets. I like how you set the camera to manual, shooting at one speed, one aperture. These images show how for night-time photography, exposing-to-the-right may not be the best thing to do. The shots look natural, like night-time shots should be. A very realistic rendering of exposure values. The last image with the searchlight blown-out is quite acceptable too, as the light itself contains no pictoral information; the halo effect even adds to the image.

I post the three images above as my favourites: All of the images you show us are close-up, giving us a sense of being in the crowd with you, but I like these even more so because everyone is in their own little world, and in a very private one - as opposed to the rest where they are staring off at the event which brought them there. This is good photo-journalism.

You have shot this essay to perfection, just like those famous Carbonara chefs in Trastevere - el dente, smooth and creamy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12191517@N05/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow