a99 HOT SHOE does not FIT Radio Trigger and Flashes

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Steve West Veteran Member • Posts: 5,864
Re: a99 HOT SHOE does not FIT Radio Trigger and Flashes

More misdirection and hysteria.

a $3000 camera with a huge TTL wireless delay on Sony's own wireless system is a complete failure. My youngest has very fast blinking reflexes.  This system (which worked on the A77 using the internal flash as the commander) no longer works for him.  Yeah, I can use FEL, but every time you change the lighting or your position, you have to re-do the FEL.

The delay (which is a problem) has nothing to do with the shoe.

Sony's wireless system works just fine with the new shoe being both forward and backward compatible.

It doesn't work fine.

Also, try taking handheld macro at near 1:1.  The success depends on a fast wireless system so you don't move a tiny bit during the delay and ruin the focus you acquired.

I haven't a clue what the '80s thing is about.

1980's era flashes which don't do HSS now get the coveted first position slot on the hotshoe.

Why do you keep defending the indefensible? Sony screwed everyone who invested in their flash system.  Even their new F60AM has a huge TTL wireless delay.  What solution was Sony expecting us to use for portraits with off-camera flash?

Steve West's gear list:Steve West's gear list
Sony Alpha a99 Sony a6000 Sony a99 II Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
RVN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow