Switzerland already more European than the UK?

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
57even Forum Pro • Posts: 11,180
Re: Sorry Robert....

Wheatfield wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

Wheatfield wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

Wheatfield wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

but the minuscule amount of credibility you might have had disappeared when I realised a german was lecturing me on international co-operation and good relations. You might have forgotten the events of the 20th Century, and your country may well be taking advantage of the chaos they caused, but don't for one minute think that everyone has forgotten. Fortunately you can't erase history and if you actually understood anything about history you'd understand that's where all the  important lessons are. One important lesson is to beware any treaties or agreements written by Germans because history tells that generally they aren't worth the paper they're written on.

WWI was as much the fault of Britain as it was of Germany. It was the treaties signed by various inbred royals (including the English ones) that made WWI a reality. WWII was bound to happen as soon as the treaty of Versailles was forced upon Germany by, well, that was Britain and France, wasn't it?

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

So what your saying is we should have patted the Germans on the back and just told them to "run along like good chaps" after millions of our men had just been killed and wounded over 4 years trying stop German Imperialism? Presumably by your logic the Jews were responsible for their own concentration camps as well.

You are assigning blame for a couple of world wars. I'm just clarifying where that blame actually lies. WWII was avoidable, and probably wouldn't have happened had the Treaty of Versailles not been so small minded and onerous. Unfortunately, after WWI, Britain and France were hell bent on revenge (good diplomacy there), and decided to extract it any way they could. WWII was the result. You have no one to blame but yourselves for both world wars. After all, it takes two to tango.

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

In case it escaped your notice, economic conditions for everyone were not great in the 30's and no-one was able to predict that. As for "revenge", when you've just lost lost the best part of a generation of your men over a needless war then yes, you do tend to get a bit pi$$ed about that, who'd have thought it? If you had any conceivable idea about the sacrifice that British men made during that conflict then you might have some idea of why things unfolded as they did. If you should ever visit these shores, feel free to visit any City, town or village and look for the war memorials, you'll always find them, with a long list of the fallen, they're hard to miss because they are everywhere. People like you make me sick, spineless individuals who are the first to complain but the last to do anything about anything.

You just don't get it do you? WWI was as much the fault of Britain as it was of Germany. Are you really so bloody thick that you are posting crap here and don't know what treaties were in place in Europe in the early part of the last century? WWII could have been avoided except for the onerous Treaty of Versailles, which was the brainchild of the British and French.

And which left Germany completely defenceless to protect their annexed territories in Prussia, the Rhineland and Sudenland, and unable to face the real threat of Russian expansionism (and internal communist campaigning). This, and the massive economic burden imposed on them, made the fall of the Weimar inevitable.

Learn your history before you come here making a joke of your own intelligence.

BTW, if I want to see war memorials, I just have to go to a few places in my own city. I can even find the names of my own family members inscribed on them. Four out of five of the young men on my fathers side of the family went to fight in your stupid world war 2 (apparently for no reason, if morons like you were the result of saving your stupid British asses), two came home. Don't talk to me about sacrifice, you pile of excrement.

Well said. Canadians, Aussies, Kiwis and British Asians were in every theatre in the war. The most decorated regiment in North Africa was Sikh.

As for retribution for WW2, we killed more German civilians alone by bombing than our entire WW2 losses (military and civilian). The Russians accounted for another 2 million (many dying in Siberian prisons as late as 1958). The country ended up ruined, flattened and minus many of it's youngest and most productive generation.

It had to be done, but the price was paid and war reparations have been paid since. The main perpetrators were rounded up and tried and many of the rest tracked down by Israelis. To exact a greater retribution seems meaningless.

The worst things I could accuse Germans of these days are overengineering and detail obsessiveness, but you can't argue with their cars...

57even's gear list:57even's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow