a99 HOT SHOE does not FIT Radio Trigger and Flashes

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
John Tait
John Tait Regular Member • Posts: 456
Re: Works flawless with Skyport

Nordstjernen wrote:

Clyde Thomas wrote:

So it doesn't matter to you either way, adapters or not.  I prefer adapters for studio dumb triggers, and native solutions for on camera work.  You know, the way it was.

Better without adapters, no problems with well built adapters like those from Sony. A bit pricy though.

Nordstjernen - a question for you.  I'm thinking about buying the fvl-f60m and the Phottix Odin wireless system.  If I buy both now I would have to use the adapter that comes with the flash to connect to the Odin receiver.  You've said that using the included Sony adapter is not a problem, but other people complain that the adapters don't lock on the iISO side.  What keeps the adapter from sliding out of the iISO shoe?  Similarly, at some point in the future I expect I'll have a body with the new shoe.  What would keep the Odin sending unit from sliding out of the iISO side of the adapter?

Oh, yes, I use an A77.

Thanks!

John

John Tait's gear list:John Tait's gear list
Sony Alpha a99 Sony a99 II Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
RVN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow