Rear element dust - metal flakes?
Is there any known issue what would lead to very small metallic flakes being shed by the camera? I've been seeing them turning up on various lenses. In one instance a bunch showed up after the lens ( and rear cap ) were immaculately clean.
The common denominator is lenses with rear positioned real elements.
If it were ordinary dust, I'd not be too concerned "dust happens", but this stuff looks more like glitter,
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%