NIK Software works with Paint Shop Pro X on Windows 8

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vista77 Regular Member • Posts: 101
NIK Software works with Paint Shop Pro X on Windows 8

if You're looking for legal and budget photoeditor, the Paint Shop Pro X is one of the best value

It's also great and cheap external editor if You already have the Lightroom!

You'll find it on ebay etc.

Few days ago I bought NIK Software collection...

I'm working on Windows 8 64 and was wondering if it'll work with my PSP X - it does!

first You should install PSP X and update it - look for those files to get PSP X v.10.10

PaintShopPro1002_EN_Patch.exe

PaintShopPro1003_EN_Patch.exe

PaintShopPro1010_EN_Update.exe

It should works good with Windows 8 64 bit

Then You should install NIK but... work with this instruction to X2 but change the NIK main installation folder to drive D:\ (it shoud be separated from OS partition)

In order to install the software into Paint Shop Pro (PSP) X2, run the installer indicating the following typical install location: C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2\ After running the installation PSP X2 needs to be setup to find the newly installed software plug-ins. To assist you in this process please fellow the steps below: 
1. Restart PSP X2 
2. Click on File >Preferences >File Locations... Click image to enlarge. 
3. A dialog box appears: 
a. On the left hand side click on plug-ins. 
b. Ensure the box next to "Enable plug-ins..." is checked. 
c. Click on the Add button. 
d. Navigate and select the Nik Software folder located at: C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2\ 
e. Click OK, then OK again to go back into Corel Paint Shop Pro X2

I've done it!

Folders setted but it doesn't work because there's no Plugin loaded in PSP menu :/

You can try to set also the NIK folder in Plugins paths but You'll only see possition **Hidden** in PSP effects menu :/

I guess there are some problems with rights or something.

Prophylactically change (off) the attributes of NIK folder with subfolders (hidden/system etc).

Now You should copy files of every application from NIK Collection to Corel Paint Shop Pro X\Plugins folder. You should miss 64 bit versions and overwrite license file each time.

All NIK software files should be copied to PSP Plugins folder (bulk - without directories). The only folder You copy is 'resource' from Silver Efex Pro 2.

And now it should work like that

And it works great with the PSP X!

Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Leica X2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow