iOptron's SkyTracker is Highly Rated by Sky and Telescope Magazine

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RustierOne
RustierOne Veteran Member • Posts: 3,747
iOptron's SkyTracker is Highly Rated by Sky and Telescope Magazine

I believe that this tracker has been mentioned on the forum before. But for those of you looking to obtain a tracker, the May 2013 issue of Sky and Telescope magazine has a 4-page review of iOptron's Skytracker. This one is rated as "hands-down best value" at $399. The reviewer had nothing but praise and no significant negatives to report. If you've been considering buying a tracker, I highly recommend taking a look at this review. If I didn't already have a barn-door mount that works quite well, I'd be looking to buy one of these. It includes polar alignment scope, servo-motor with optical encoder, worm-gear drive mounted in ball bearings and 3 Kg (6.6 lb.) capacity. The reviewer suggests buying one "sooner rather than later, since Comet ISON's potential to put on a significant display later this year is sure to create a demand" for the tracker.

Just a heads-up for those looking for a tracker.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,
Russ

RustierOne's gear list:RustierOne's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow