Sick as a parrot. Need to downsize to Micro four thirds. Opinions appreciated

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
James Pilcher Veteran Member • Posts: 8,500
Olympus is the real deal

The Olympus OM-D E-M5 reaches out to you.  It is a small system camera with a lot of really fine lenses available. You can add the Olympus two-level grip for added handling ability and battery life while still maintaining a small form factor. It also has built-in wireless multi-flash capability.

I use the Olympus E-PL5 (same sensor as the E-M5). The level of detail and dynamic range is truly excellent, not Nikon D800 "excellent", but excellent nonetheless.

I have the Lumix 8mm f/3.5 fisheye, Zuiko 12mm f/2, Leica 25mm f/1.4, and Zuiko 45mm f/1.8. This gives me a fast FE, 24mm, 50mm, 90mm kit with fine image quality across the board. Then you can add other lenses such as the Zuiko 60mm macro, Lumix 12-35mm f/2.8 and 35-100mm f/2.8, and still retain an overall small kit.

If you want flexibility, small size, and good image quality, Olympus m4/3 is the real deal.

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Fujifilm X70 Olympus PEN-F +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow