Why can’t lens choice be straightforward?

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Questions thread
OP tighernan Junior Member • Posts: 26
Re: Why can’t lens choice be straightforward?

Thanks for the advice guys. Yes you are right, the camera shop that I am dealing with does have very limited stock, and yes it is mainly Nikon lens they stock. From what I am reading form the posts the store salesperson is partly right, my choice of lenses would not be a good choice for the 7100 considering its a DX camera, and some of my choice lenses were more suited to FX cameras. Here is something will the 1.5 crop censor make any difference when choosing a lens?

What's a good choice of lenses if you had to pick 4 for the D7100. One wide angle lens. One mid range lens. One zoom lens out to lets say 200mm and a macro lens. Now if one of these choices were to be able to double up as a macro lens that would be great if would save having an extra lens in the bag.

One person suggested the Sigma 105 macro, I have tried that lens and found it slow to focus on my 3100, it could be just been the camera.

I have the Nikon 55/200mm the Nikon 18/55mm kit lens and the Nikon 50mm 1.8 which I use on my 3100, but these lenses along with the camera are going to be sold to help fund the 7100.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow