Best Hard Drive Option for new MacMini

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Adjuster Contributing Member • Posts: 961
Re: Best Hard Drive Option for new MacMini

beachbumdave wrote:

Do I need to install the SSD internal to the MacMini or will it run just as fast external on a USB connection?  Its less trouble if I can leave it external.

Please read my initial post. While I have cracked open a lot of Macs, the new ones are a pain to do so. I have found that the external SSD even with an old controller is fast enough. Now we have one that is as fast as a T-bolt drive. Good grief. What more do you need? Part of the problem is with specmanship, something I used to engage in a prior marketing life.

So one device is twenty percent faster than another to access a file. You will never notice it. Furthermore, if the slow one works faster than you can blink, who cares if the new one is twice as fast. I can't blink twice as fast, no matter how hard I try.

BTW. this is not a comment on your question. It is rather a comment on the whole speed issue.

Adjuster's gear list:Adjuster's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow