XPRO1 - Looking for High Quality panoramic ... any stitch software working with Raw?

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Questions thread
Albert Valentino Senior Member • Posts: 5,877
Re: XPRO1 - Looking for High Quality panoramic ... any stitch software working with Raw?

One of the best ways to decide which is best is take some of your worst case pano sets, then download the free trial of all the programs, then test them. See which ones handle your worst, how fast and easy the software is. To use. Then decide.

That is what i did several years ago to pick what I use, PTGui, later updating to the Pro version which also does HDR panos. Like cameas the field keeps changing. If you always use a tripod and don't have things moving from frame to frame, like people, blowing tree branches... then just about all will work well. If you do handheld where frame to frame has severe tilts, or have little overlap and need to add control points manually, then you need to do tests to see what works for you.  If you suspect you will be doing a lot of panos and technique will be less than ideal, then it is best to get good software and then relax.  Photoshop doesn't handle challenging pano captures well,,so it i snot for me, but it does do the trick when things are right.

Albert Valentino's gear list:Albert Valentino's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow